Thursday 24 June 2021

electrical energy

 1. in 1879 was when electricity was invented and it was first used in new york in 1882. Alexander lodygin was the person who invented electricity


2. a spark of static can measure up to 3,000 volts.


3.electricity travels at the speed of light about 300,000 kilometers per second   


4. a bolt of single lightning unleashes five times more than the sun per second. with an average bolt of lightning striking from a cloud to the ground containing roughly one billion joules of energy.


5. the world has more than 2 million miles of pipeline. since 2010 there have been 3,978 hazardous liquid pipeline incidents including fatalities,26 injuries,2,482 people evacuated,120 fires, 15 explosions, and over 2.8 billion in property damage.


today I finished our inquiry we have been working on for a few weeks and we have to present this to the class on Monday my favorite thing about this was being able to learn more things about electricity my least favorite thing was having to write it all down because it took me a long time to do that.  

8 comments:

  1. Hello Dean.
    Its Genevieve from Glenbrae school,i just wanted to say that this work is so cool i really like how your topic was electrical energy,it has so much information-keep the great work going!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for commenting on my blog! what do you think i should trie and work on next time and what would you pick if you had to pick a topic. also what is your favourite job and why.

      Delete
  2. hello dean! great piece of information you have here, i just learned about this a few months ago that electricty was invented, to this day im still astounded by the fact that electricity was created.

    great work!
    Uinita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello Nita! thank you for commenting on my blog today what do you think i should trie to improve on and what have you learnt from this blog post?

      Delete
  3. Kia ora Dean this is a great blog that you have posted I really love them. Back to electrical energy I like you information and I learnt new things from this so make more blogs and make me learn.

    Taylor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Taylor! thank you for the positive and thoughtful blog comment what do you think i should trie and get better at next time.

      Delete
  4. Greetings Dean

    I have read your blog post about electricity I have learned a lot and I didn't know that light could move so fast next time if I had a power my power would be to move at the speed of light.

    Keep up the good work Kia Kaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sione! thank you for the positive comment. if i had a super power it would be to go invisible because i would be able to scare my friends and if i was in a awkward potion. by the way what do you think i should work on next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.